Frequently Asked Questions
When is it time to replace your roof?
- When your roof is dark or dirty looking, this could be caused by algae or fungus, or loss of granules due to ageing shingles.
- When you see missing, cracked, or curling shingles, these shingles have reached the end of their useful life.
- If you notice a leaking attic after driving rain, it can be caused by inadequate shingle underlayment or deteriorated flashing.
- If roof shingles, sheathing, and siding decay. This is a result of poor attic ventilation.
- When you see blistering and/or peeling of the outside paint, again, due to moisture or high humidity cause by poor attic ventilation.
- If you notice stains on interior ceilings and walls, or mold and mildew growth. Usually caused by faulty shingle underlayment.
- If you have excessive energy costs, due to poor attic ventalation.